Vocalization of Clamorous Reed Warbler Acrocephalus stentoreous
A singing Clamorous Reed Warbler. Photo by Uditha Hettige.
1. The call tchek, the one heard only occasionally. This call is sometimes uttered in quick succession too. A call of Yellow Bittern also heard quite loud in this recording at the following point: 07–10 sec. Recorded at Kalametiya in Dec. 2002.
2. The call chrr which is also uttered occasionally. Recorded at Wasgamuwa in Dec. 2009.
3. The scolding or threatening call chrrrr…, usually uttered in dispute with another Clamorous Reed Warbler or even with a Blyth’s Reed Warbler in the vicinity. A singing warbler is also present here. A call of Yellow Bittern also heard quite loud in this recording at the following point: 03–04 sec. Recorded at Bundala NP in Feb. 2013.
4. The song. Recorded at Kalametiya in Jan. 1996.
5. A few Clamorous Reed Warblers singing from reeds early in the morning at a wetland. Recorded at Mannar in Feb. 2016.